What's in a name?

9:22 PM 0 Comments

Ok so I submitted my concept into a literary agent contest today, and part of the process was re-naming my book.

"Forgetting Me" was a good name for my original outline and the first chunk of the book, but now that it is done, I just didn't really think that it fit anymore, in the least it was only "good" and I'm looking for "Great!"

So after some rather goofy and long-winded brainstorming I decided to name it after the song I was using as a playlist for over half the book.

"Breathe Again"

The song shares that title and is written/performed by Sara Bareilles. It was the sound that captured me, and the lyrics fit perfectly. I literally had it on repeat in the background while writing some of the chapters.

"All I have, all I need, he's the air that I'd kill to breathe. Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something. Out of breath I'm left hoping someday I'll breathe again."

B.J. Kenney

"There's no such thing as 'destiny,' Abigail. Just becoming. Choosing to become what you were created to be, or choosing to walk away from it." - In the Forest of the Night by K. Hamilton

I'm an Artist, A Writer, A Designer, A Musician and A Dreamer. Try and keep me in a box, I dare you.

0 comments: